Want to write for Enfield Dispatch?
The Dispatch welcomes article ideas for the paper. Because we are a small team we rely on contributions from people living and working in Enfield – and everyone is free to pitch a story to us.
We will discuss your article idea with you before confirming if it is something we’d like to include. Please read the submission guidelines below before emailing us with your article pitch via [email protected].
Article submission guidelines
- Features: Between 400 and 800 words focusing on a particular community organisation or project in the borough. Can be written in a more relaxed style, in the first person; discussing how the featured subject was started, who’s involved, and what impact it’s having on the borough.
- Interviews: Up to 800 words focusing on a particular person who has an active role in the community or who has an interesting perspective on a chosen subject relevant to the borough.
- Comment: Up to 400 words commenting on a subject relevant to the borough, and on which you have a unique perspective.
- Events: Up to 400 words either reviewing or previewing an event taking place in the borough. Event organisers are also welcome to write an article about what they are planning.
- Letters: We welcome letters of up to 200 words on topics relevant to the borough. Please include your name and either your street address, or name of the organisation you are writing on behalf of.
- Listings: Community listings for local, low-cost events must include the event name, location, date and time, description, and cost.
Please consider that not all submissions we receive can be included in the paper. We will email you to confirm if we intend to use your article or not. Professional journalists are also welcome to pitch original news stories to us.
The next deadline is Wednesday 12th December.